Thursday 29 March 2012

Brilliant!

Back when I started re:VOX Ultravox, in it's third and fourth incarnations, had long gone. No one would have ever dreamed that the 'classic' 1980s iteration of the band would ever meet in the same room again, let along go on tour - twice! - and then almost as quickly dive into the studio. I've admitted before now that I wasn't one of those waiting for such a day, as it seemed such a remote and unlikely outcome. More fool me :)

So here we are, some eighteen years after Lament - their final album with Warren Cann keeping the beat sweet - with the long-awaited news of the first Ultravox album since Ingenuity. I had to gasp, though, when the press release whizzed across the world at 10am BST today. Calling the album Brilliant is an extremely self-confident statement. They've obviously enjoyed making it - the tweets and Facebook posts attest to that - but, and there is a but, that title is going to be such an irresistable target  for those who still have an axe to grind at the mere mention of the U-word.

But now isn't the time to worry about that. Once this blog has posted I have a new issue of re:VOX to assemble. I know, it's been a long time coming, but it will be worth the wait, and we have some exclusive interviews once more, with more to follow over the months to come, and I have some big plans for the magazine. Keep watching the blog and the re:VOX Facebook page for more info as, and when, I get time to post it!

I'm not going to wish the time away until the end of May - it'll go quickly enough with everything else going on here right now. Let's savour a little anticipation. We've waited this long to discover the results of the sessions, a few more weeks won't hurt :)

Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment